How many times have you seen something and thought ‘I could make that”?
With the DIY market becoming huge business, you will find a DIY kit to buy for almost anything especially among children’s products.
Here are a few tips for making sure your DIY project doesn’t turn into a DWTH (that’s a disaster waiting to happen!).
- What additional materials or items are needed to complete your project? Do you already have them on hand? Do you need to buy more? Are they readily available?
- What skill level is required? Are there techniques needed that you are unsure how to do?
- Is it really going to be any cheaper or are you just doing it for the satisfaction of completing it yourself?
- Can you receive additional support from the supplier if you need help or you’re stuck on a step?
- Check that it’s in your language. Because it’s so easy to access products from all over the world, you don’t want to buy a DIY project to find that the instructions are written in Spanish when your first language is English.
This guest post was written by Jodie Maloni of www.thehabygoddess.com.au