Let’s make a Vintage Barbie Doll Dress. Follow the steps below.
1. Cut out your pattern pieces. Zig-zag stitch around all the edges.
– Either sew lace along the bottom edge of the skirt or hem (0.5cm)
– Sew the seams on both the side edges (0.5cm)
– Put a gathering stitch along the top edge
3. Front Bodice:
– Trim the darts and zig-zag stich
4. Side Bodice:
5. Attaching the lace:
7. Attaching the velcro or snaps: – Attach a strip of velcro to the back of one side of the dress and the front of the other side. I made the velcro long enough to go past Barbie’s bottom otherwise it will show. Alternatively put on snaps along the edge.
And now you are finished and ready to dress your Barbie!
Thank you Rebecca from Mellebug for this great Guest Post. You can find Mellebug here: