These are so quick and easy and taste sensational! They are perfect during the Christmas celebration season when you need to whip up something impressive with minimal time. My personal favourite are the Malibu coconut truffles and the glitter truffles are perfect for a gift.
Let’s get cooking!
Tim Tam Christmas Truffles
* 2 packets of chocolate or white chocolate Tim Tams
* 2 tubs cream cheese
* Optional adults only version: 2tsp Rum or Malibu (white coconut rum)
* (makes approx. 50 truffles)
* 2 x 375g packets White Chocolate Melts or Dark chocolate melts (I use the Nestle melts)
* Dessicated coconut
* Edible glitter (cake decorating shops have these) or sparkle sprinkles or crushed nuts or red/green glacé cherry or milo
* Process tim tams into small crumbs in a food processor.
* Put cream cheese in with tim tam crumbs and continue to blend until combined. Stir through rum or malibu if desired.
* Take teaspoons of mixture and roll into small evenly sized balls. Place onto a lined cookie tray. Put in the fridge for 1hr to set.
* Melt white or dark chocolate in a bowl in the microwave for 1-2min. Stir until smooth. Working quickly, coat each ball with the desired white or dark chocolate until covered with a thin layer.
* Follow the coating instructions below depending on the style of truffle you want to create.
* Put coated truffles on a lined cookie tray to set.
* Place on a lovely Christmas serving tray or wrap up with cellophane and a nice bow to give as a beautiful handmade gift to someone special.
Kids Glitter/Sparkle truffles:
The chocolate truffles should be dipped in white chocolate and rolled in the mixed dessicated coconut/glitter/sparkles. Kids love these!!
Malibu Coconut truffles (adults only):
Truffles containing malibu should be dipped in white chocolate and rolled in plain dessicated coconut. These are best made with white chocolate tim tam truffle inside!
Rum truffles (adults only):
Truffles containing rum should be dipped in dark chocolate and rolled in plain dessicated coconut.
The chocolate truffles should be dipped in dark chocolate and rolled in crushed nuts.
Christmas pudding truffles:
The chocolate truffles should be dipped in dark chocolate and left to set. Then add a swirl of white choc on top. Add a small piece of red/green glace cherry to the top before the white chocolate sets.
The chocolate truffles should be dipped in dark or white chocolate and rolled in milo. Kids love these too!!
This guest post was written by Sweet Blessings. Sweet Blessings is full of gorgeous and pretty things for little girls.
To view the full range, head to the Sweet Blessings website or Facebook page.