All right, lets pack the Christmas craft supplies away its time to celebrate the New Year. Here are ten fun family craft ideas to help you bring in the New Year.
A few handmade goodies from some of our lovely December Sponsors ~
Coco & Ella Designs ~ Wall Print- H is for Hippo
Pollykinz Designs ~ Girl’s Necklace
Mum & Me Handmade Designs ~ Drawstring Library Bag
Iddy Biddy Boo ~ Fabric Basket
This week’s Fabulous Friday Finds at Handmade Kids – our weekly feature.
Like to be involved? Contact us for a copy of our Media Kit.
Time to get creative! Thanks to PeekyMe we have a great Christmas craft activity for the kids. Let’s make a jolly little santa.
What you will need:
How to create your Jolly Little Santa:
1. Paint the craft roll red, leaving the outline of Santa’s face unpainted (see picture).
2. Blend a little bit of red paint with the white to paint Santa’s face. Allow to dry.
3. If you don’t have red paper for Santa’s hat then paint a piece of white paper approximately 15cm x 15cm. Roll the paper into a cone shape and secure with double sided tape. Before you cut the base of the hat, be sure to measure it on top of the craft roll to make sure it fits on top. Place glue around the top edge of the craft roll to secure the hat and glue a cotton ball to the tip of the hat.
4. Stretch a cotton ball into a long piece and glue it to the bottom of Santa’s hat.
5. Place glue on both wobbly eyes and the white pom pom and attach to Santa’s face.
6. Stretch some cotton balls to place around Santa’s face to make his beard and attach it with glue.
7. Cut a thin strip of black cardboard and glue it to Santa’s body. Glue the black pom pom to the front to make a belt.
8. Using thin strips of paper for the legs and arms, paint red stripes across the legs and paint the arms solid red. Allow to dry and then accordion fold both the arms and legs.
9. Glue the arms to the side of Santa’s body and the legs inside the craft roll.
DIY: Jolly Little Santa- Handmade Craft Tutorial featured here on Handmade Kids thanks to PeekyMe.
I’ve never been game enough to sew in a zipper yet. I’ve always put it in the too-hard-basket.. But with a little help from this tutorial from Sew Delicious I think I’m ready to give it a go.
These little pouches would make great little Christmas gifts.
Follow the step-by-step handmade tutorial at Sew Delicious to make your own little pouches.
What will you use them for?
Time to get creative! Thanks to PeekyMe we have a beautiful Paper styled Christmas Wreath to share with you.
Using tissue paper to make fluffy paper flowers, paper stars and sparkling bells this is the perfect handmade Christmas Decoration.
What you will need: