Chances are that if you have a Facebook page for your business you have already noticed it looks quite different now that the ‘timeline’ design has kicked in.
Love it or hate it it’s here to stay.
There are great opportunities to really showcase and re-enforce your brand by choosing some striking images for your cover photo and customising your tabs.
Cover photos should be 851x315px and 100kbs or less. Choose something that describes your brand and compliments your logo, but make sure you abide by the Facebook cover photo rules listed here (https://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=276329115767498).
Another little known customisation option is Custom Tabs for apps.
If you are handy with a photo editing program like Photoshop or even a simple online version like pixlr (pixlr.com), you can create your own buttons that tie in with the whole look of your page or brand.
The buttons should be 111x74px, no bigger than 5MB (smaller is best).
Here is how to change your tab image:
- Open your Page’s admin panel
- From the Manage menu, select Edit Page
- Select Apps from the left sidebar
- Click Edit Settings under the name of the app whose icon you want to change
- Click Change next to Custom Tab Image
- On the next screen, click Change next to the existing image
- Follow the instructions that appear for uploading a new image or deleting the existing image
If you want to reposition the order of your app buttons:
- Expand the views and apps menu by clicking on the down arrow the to the right of your Page’s views and apps
- Hover over the position you’d like to put a view or app and click the pencil icon that appears
- Choose the view or app you’d like to swap into that spot from the menu
I hope this has inspired you to get creative and pretty up your business page. Remember, first impressions count.
If you want to check out the My Poppet Facebook page and it’s customisations you will find us at https://www.facebook.com/mypoppetshop
Guest Post written by Cinti ~ My Poppet