What a FUN craft for the cooler months – Autumn/Fall and Winter. Our favourite part was collecting the leaves- trudging through big piles of crunchy fallen leaves throwing them all about whilst looking for the perfect ones to paint!
A great combination – a nature-based activity, outside play, and kids craft all in one.
What you need:
- leaves!! (deciduous leaves like Liquidambar are perfect for this craft)
- paint brushes
- cotton buds and cotton balls
- scrapbook paper
Let’s get crafty:
- prep an area for some fun messing painting
- grab a plastic paint palette (or even an old plate) and squirt out some autumn coloured paints- like yellow, red, orange and brown.
- lay out a selection of your autumn leaves ready to paint
- grab your paint brush, cotton bud or ball and get creative! Splash, dab, spot, or swirl your paint around and decorate your leaves!
Maybe you were able to also collect some of the spiky balled fruit of the Liquidambar tree too. Did you know some people call these ‘goblin bombs’? They are pretty crazy looking aren’t they?
Try dipping the balled fruit in paint and rolling them across some large pieces of paper- they make some pretty fun patterns.